Infected with KillRabbit ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is KillRabbit ransomware
KillRabbit is a cryptovirus that encrypts user files with AES algorithm, adding .killrabbit as an extension to these files. The executive file is killrabbitV2-release. KillRabbit encrypts various groups of files, such as photos and video files, PDF files, office documents or archives, and much more. After encryption, these files become unusable. Unlike similar threats, KillRabbit does not have a created note containing information about the ransom. However, below we list some PHP files from the website of the attackers, which contain some information.
KillRabbit V2 - User Area
Problems with authorization? Contact us> email@example.com
Oops, it seems the rabbit encrypted all of your files and requires a ransom for their decryption.
Do not worry, all your files will be decrypted after payment of the repayment.
KillRabbit V2 - Control Panel
• Payment Module
Unique ID: KzJOo326vpwAHTvnF4xWTdZ1Wpfm1k
Redemption amount: 345S
Number of your deleted files: 0
rabbit_596662279681148.decrypt file contains personal ID and decryption key:
Decryption Key: 6902153**********300764395244461416
The notes contain information that the user files are encrypted, an e-mail address is provided to contact the attackers. Scammers demand a ransom of $ 345 for decryption. Do not pay them, as this is a fraud. You need to get rid of KillRabbit, using our recommendations.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How KillRabbit ransomware infected your PC
Most often, KillRabbit comes through unprotected networks in the form of attachments to spam mailing, false software updates, complete with free programs, and so on. This is due to the fact that users use free versions of antivirus software or do not use such software in general. You can read our recommendations and instructions to remove KillRabbit and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the KillRabbit ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to KillRabbit ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Spyhunter.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of KillRabbit ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
0-37.exe - декриптер по ссылке
How to decrypt files infected by KillRabbit ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of KillRabbit ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi