What is Kuub Ransomware
Kuub ransomware is another representative of the large family of STOP (Djvu) cryptoviruses, which is distributed throughout the world. The activity, in particular, of this cryptovirus, was noticed in early October 2019. Like previous versions of cryptoviruses of this family, Kuub ransomware encrypts user data of various formats and types. So, for example, it affects photos, videos, archives, databases, office documents and much more. Needless to say, files become unusable for future use. We recommend that you remove Kuub ransomware.
In addition to encryption, the cryptovirus also changes the file extension, assigning the end of .kuub. This ultimately makes the files unreadable and inoperative. Also, the cryptovirus creates a _readme.txt file in which fraudsters have indicated how to decrypt the files:
Don’t worry my friend, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Support Telegram account:
Your personal ID:
As with other STOP’s cryptoviruses, developers require a ransom payment of $ 980. However, scammers offer users a straightforward “promotion”, within which you can get a 50 percent discount when paying in the first three days from the moment of encryption. However, we do not recommend you pay, because this is just a scam trick. No one can ever guarantee you that the files will be decrypted even if the ransom is paid in full. Below you will find our guides that will help you remove Kuub ransomware and decrypt .kuub files.
How to remove Kuub Ransomware
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Kuub Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Kuub Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Kuub Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Kuub Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Kuub Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.