Infected with Locdoor Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Locdoor ransomware
Locdoor Ransomware (It can also be called DryCry Ransomware) is a cryptovirus that encrypts user files and requires redemption, however, it is worth noting that in fact, this is a nuanced one. De facto it encrypts nothing, but the virus can be modified at any time, then your files can be exposed. Locdoor only changes the file extension, using this pattern: .door
Bit coin is only allowed on localbitcoins.com! Send a bit coin of $ 0.1 value to at localbitcoins and send it to email@example.com with a certified photo! We will then email the recovery tool! Thank you! to Buy Recovery Tools.txt
Your computer's files have been encrypted to Locdoor Ransomware! To make a recovery go to localbitcoins.com and create a wallet and send a bit coin to the $ 0.10 value to the address Then, send your verification picture to and we will send you the recovery tool!
Locdoor Ransomware decrypt Home Page
Powerd By RubberDuck Web inc.
An important file on your computer has been encrypted to Locdoor Ransomware! Can I recover it? Yes you can do the recovery but to do the repair send a bit of coin to the value of $ 0.10 to 364apytRKNUXFmVsk5z8Wf1T7tYcoD1RTZ address at localbitcoins.com and send the certified photo to firstname.lastname@example.org! warning! Buying is only allowed on localbitcoins.com! Then we will send you a recovery tool by email! The best time to check out is from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm Korea Standard Time!
Buy a bit coin and send a bit coin to this address exactly! And send a certified photo to email@example.com! Thank you ~!
Scammers demand a ransom of $ 0.1 for decrypting data. Of course, we do not recommend you to pay, since all the words of intruders are deceptive. Moreover, even if you pay, there is no guarantee that your files will be restored. We strongly recommend that you remove Locdoor using our instructions.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Locdoor ransomware infected your PC
As in most similar cases, Locdoor comes through unprotected network settings, sometimes it takes the form of a fake update for programs and utilities, or it comes as an attachment to spam mailing. However, you need to remove Locdoor right now to decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Locdoor ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Locdoor ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Locdoor ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Locdoor ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Locdoor ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi