What is NocryCrypt0r ransomware?
NocryCrypt0r ransomware is a typical cryptovirus that after infiltration starts locking users’ data. It will encrypt all personal users’ data such as videos, photos, documents, archives that are placed on the infected Windows computer by using the strong encryption algorithm. Afterward, criminals start blackmailing victims by demanding 50€ in BTC in exchange for encrypted data. However, it is not the best option no matter how important these data are for you – there is no guarantee that they keep their promises. Instead, you may follow this guide to remove NocryCrypt0r ransomware and decrypt .partially.nocry files without paying a ransom.
Once the encryption procedure is done, all infected files will be appended with “.partially.nocry” extension. For example, “mydoc.doc” file will turn into “mydoc.doc.partially.nocry”. Afterward, NocryCrypt0r ransomware leaves CryptoJoker Recovery Information.txt file that contains a ransom-demanding message. Cybercriminals want victims to contact them to get information about the payment procedure to get a decryption tool. As a confirmation of their words, they offer to decrypt several files for free.
Here’s what the CryptoJoker Recovery Information.txt note contains:
Hello! I am NocryCrypt0r
My name is NocryCrypt0r. I have encrypted all your precious files including images, videos,
songs, text files, word files and etc. So long story short, you are screwed… but you are lucky
in a way. Why is that ?? I am ransomware that leave you an unlimited amount of time to gather the money
to pay me. I am not gonna go somewhere, neither do your encrypted files.
1. Can i get my precious files back??
Answer: Ofcourse you can. There is just a minor detail. You have to pay to get them back.
2. Ok, how i am gonna get them back?
Answer: You have to pay 50€ in bitcoin.
3. There isn’t any other way to get back my files ?
Answer: Nahhh. Just our service.
4. Ok, what i have to do then ?
Answer: Simply, you will have to pay 50€ to this bitcoin address: 1yh3eJjuXwqqXgpu8stnojm148b8d6NFQ . When time comes to send me the money, make sure to include your e-mail and your personal ID(you can see it bellow) in the extra information box (it may apper also as ‘Extra Note’ or ‘optional message’) in order to get your personal decryption key. It may take up to 6-8 hours to take your personal decryption key.
5. What the heck bitcoin is ?
Answer: Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system. You can see more information here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin . I recommend to use ‘Coinbase’ or ‘Bitcoin Wallet’ as a bitcoin wallet, if you are new to the bitcoin-wallet. Ofcourse you can pay me from whatever bitcoin wallet you want, it deosn’t really matter.
6. Is there any chance to unclock my files for free ?
Answer: Not really. After 1-2 or max 3 years there is propably gonna be released a free decryptor. So if you want to wait… it’s fine. As i said, i am not gonna go somewhere.
7. What i have to do after getting my decryption key ?
Answer: Simple. Just press the decryption button bellow. Enter your decryption key you received, and wait until the decryption process is done.
Your personal ID: –
In the end, it’s up to you to believe it or not, but let us warn you – no one can ensure that they would do their part of the deal. On the contrary, there is a high risk of being deceived and simply left with nothing. The only reliable way to solve the problem is to remove NocryCrypt0r ransomware from the system using appropriate software in order to stop the malicious actions of the virus and then restore your data from the backup.
Screenshot of .partially.nocry files:
There are two solutions to remove NocryCrypt0r Ransomware and decrypt your files. The first is to use an automated removal tool. This method is suitable even for inexperienced users since the removal tool can delete all instances of the virus in just a few clicks. The second is to use the Manual Removal Guide. This is a more complicated way that requires special computer skills.
How NocryCrypt0r ransomware gets on my computer?
Cybercriminals use various techniques to deliver the virus to the target computer. Ransomware viruses can infiltrate victims’ computers more than in one or two ways, in most cases, cryptoviral extortion attack is carried out with the help of the following methods:
|Type of threat
|Ransomware, cryptovirus, file-locking virus
|Amount of Ransom
|50€ in Bitcoins
|CryptoJoker Recovery Information.txt
|Spam email attachments, RDP, pirated software, torrent websites, phishing sites
In order to completely remove ransomware from your computer, you will need to install an antivirus software. We recommend using SpyHunter
The only effective method to restore files is to copy them from a saved backup. If you don’t have a suitable backup, you may use third-party recovery software such as Stellar Data Recovery
How to remove NocryCrypt0r ransomware?
Try Stellar Data Recovery
Stellar Data Recovery is one of the most effective tools that can recover lost and corrupted files — documents, emails, pictures, videos, audio files, and more — on any Windows device. The powerful scan engine can detect compromised files and finally save them to specified destination. Despite its advancedness, it’s very concise and simple so that even the most inexperienced user can figure it out.
Email security is the first line of defense against ransomware viruses. To do this, we recommend that you use MailWasher. MailWasher blocks ransomware viruses coming through spam and phishing, and automatically detects malicious attachments and URLs. In addition, malicious messages can be blocked even before the recipient opens them. Since the main source of the spread of ransomware viruses are infected emails, antispam significantly reduces the risk of a virus appearing on your computer.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Once NocryCrypt0r ransomware has been successfully removed, you can begin the file decryption procedure.
How to decrypt files infected by NocryCrypt0r Ransomware?
Method 1. Restore your files with the help of Recovery Tool
In case your PC has been attacked by ransomware, you may restore your files by using file recovery software. Stellar Data Recovery is one of the most effective tools that can recover lost and corrupted files — documents, emails, pictures, videos, audio files, and more — on any Windows device. The powerful scan engine can detect compromised files and finally save them to specified destination. Despite its advancedness, it’s very concise and simple so that even the most inexperienced user can figure it out.
- Run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
- After this, select a destination and click Start Saving to save restored data.
Since new ransomware-type viruses appear almost every day, there is no technical possibility to issue a decryptor for each virus. In this case, the recovery tool comes to the rescue. Despite the fact that this is one of the most effective methods in the absence of a decryptor, this is not 100 percent and not the only way.
Method 2. Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of NocryCrypt0r Ransomware can remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data. The entire process is preferably carried out in Safe Mode with Command Prompt:
For Windows XP/Vista/7 users:
Restart your computer and before your system starts – hit F8 several times. This will prevent system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with Command Prompt option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
For Windows 8/10 users:
- Click the Start button, then select Settings
- Click Update & Security, then select Recovery and click Restart now.
- After your device reboots, go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup Settings > Restart
- After your PC restarts, you should press F5 key to Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
After the system is loaded in Safe Mode with Command Prompt, do following:
- In the Command Prompt window, type cd restore and hit Enter.
- Then type rstrui.exe and hit Enter again.
- Once a new window shows up, click Next.
- Choose the date before the infection appearance and click Next again
- In the opened pop-up window, click Yes to start system restore.
Method 4. Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Click the encrypted file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
No one is safe from infection with a virus that secretly encrypts your data. But in order to minimize this risk, you need to follow the rules:
1. Always make Windows updates on time and keep them up to date. Remember that these updates close the security holes in the system through which the virus can enter your computer.
2. The most efficient way to avoid data loss is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer. It is enough just to synchronize the necessary folders with one of the cloud services, so as not to be afraid to see the text requiring the payment of bitcoins in exchange for a decryption key. It can be a cloud or a remote hard drive on the network. If you store all your files on the Internet, the likelihood of virus infection will be lower. Do not make copies to external hard drives, as this could damage them.
3. Since spam email is the most popular form of spreading ransomware-type viruses, the user should never open email attachments without first having scanned them with antivirus. Just clicking on the link or opening the attachment can damage the operating system (Windows) in a few minutes, damage important data and infect other machines with the virus.
4. All previous methods do not matter if you do not have a reliable antivirus. The presence of anti-virus protection on your computer can prevent all these unpleasant surprises. Anti-virus software will protect you from malware, money loss, time loss, invasion of your personal life. Now the antivirus market is so huge that it is difficult to make a choice in favor of one of them. If you have not decided who to give preference to, we suggest you familiarize yourself with our Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows