Infected with Rapid Ransomware V3 (or v2)? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Rapid V3 (or v2) Ransomware
Rapid Ransomware V3 is next generations of Rapid viruses family. It classified as ransomware: a malware program, which codes files on users PC through Intenet connection and after that, intruders attempting to extort ransom in bitcoins from victims for decryption. All documents, databases, videos, and photos become unreadable. Besides, every infected file gets a new suffix, for example, file 123.jpg become 123.QDFHD.jpg (virus use 5 random symbols for every file). Unfortunately, all backups or shadow copies can be damaged by a virus. Also, Rapid Ransomware v3 creates notes with ransom demand and calls text files within the template: . DECRYPT [5 random symbols] .txt. These notes contain following information:
Example of Rapid 2.0 notes
- the ALL YOUR FILES ARE The ENCRYPTED BY clause 2.0 We do the RAPID ransomware -
Dont Worry, you CAN return statement all your files is!
All your files documents, photos, databases and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase a Rapid Decryptor.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files and will delete Rapid from your PC.
The get this software the To you on the write Up Need Our email:
2. firstname.lastname@example.org (the if first email unavailable)
for What Guarantees do
we give to you?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt him for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. Not a must the contain the File Valuable information
Dont try to use third-party decryptor tools because it will destroy your files. Translation notes on the Russian language: - All your files are encrypted RAPID 2.0 RANSOMWARE - Do not worry, you can restore all your files! Attention! All your files, photos, databases and other important files are encrypted with the strongest encryption and a unique key. The only way to restore files - buy Rapid Decryptor. This program will decrypt all your encrypted files and remove the Rapid from your PC. To get this program, you have to write to our email:
2. email@example.com (if the first email is not available)
What guarantees do we give you?
1 can send the encrypted file to your PC and we decipher it for free.
But we can be decrypted only 1 file for free. The file should not contain any valuable information
Do not use someone else's decryptor as they will damage your files.
Example or Rapid Ransomware v3
[ RAPID RANSOMWARE V3 ]
Hello, dear friend!
All your files have been ENCRYPTED
The only way to decrypt your files is to receive the private key and decryption program.
To get the key and decryption program see instruction below:
1. Download Tor browser - https://www.torproject.org/
2. Install Tor browser
3. Run Tor Browser
4. In the Tor Browser open website: http://vgon3ggilr4vu32q.onion/?id=BTC
Note! This page available via Tor Browser only!
5. Follow the instruction at this website
On our page you can see all instruction how to decrypt your system and decrypt for free 1 file!
Do not try to decrypt your data using third-party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Rapid Ransomware V3 distributed in the second half of March 2018 and targets mostly English-speaking users. Besides, a virus doesn't run if a user has a Russian version of Windows. Currently, files encoded by this threat (using AES) become unreadable, but there are several methods to restore encrypted files manually. Use this article to remove Rapid Ransomware V3 completely from Windows 10, 8, 7 and decrypt your files.
How Rapid Ransomware V3 infected your PC
At this moment, we know that several e-mails are used to distribute .docx files with malicious macroses. E-mails are distributed all over the world. You can also get this ransomware on file-sharing networks, including torrent files. Ransom is asked to be paid in BitCoins, that also makes the task difficult for the police, as the user in this network is often anonymous. Encryption starts in the background. Way to protect your computer from such threats is to use antiviruses with crypto-protection like HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Rapid Ransomware V3 virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Rapid Ransomware V3 - files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Rapid Ransomware V3:
Remove following files and folders:
How to decrypt files infected by Rapid Ransomware V3 (random files)?
Use automated decryption tools
There is ransomware decryptor from Kaspersky that can decrypt files. It is free and may help you restore files encrypted by Rapid Ransomware V3 virus. Download it here:
You can also try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Rapid Ransomware V3 remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for 'system restore'
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Restore encrypted files using shadow copies
- Download and run Shadow Explorer.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from.
- Right-click on folder you want to restore and select Export.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Information provided by: Alexey Abalmasov