Righ is a new (as of December 2019) modification of Stop/djvu ransomware, one of the most popular viruses of this category in the English-speaking sector of the Internet. The new one is very similar to the Stop/djvu ransomware virus, and therefore it acts like other similar viruses that belongs to the ransomware category. If you still do not know about ransomware, then ransomware is a family of viruses that encrypt files on a user’s computer and then require a ransom for their recovery. Nevertheless, you shouldn’t pay them since there are no guarantees that files will be returned to you – you cannot take a word for cybercriminals. Also, it is not worth supporting a criminal business. Instead, you may use this step-by-guide to remove Righ Ransomware and decrypt .righ files.
Righ ransomware encrypts files using a complex algorithm (like AES or another asymmetric encryption algorithm), which leads to the complete unusability of the source files. All affected files will be appended with .righ extension For example, file “photo.jpg” turns into “photo.jpg.righ“. Also, the cryptovirus creates a text file (“_readme.txt”) that contains information about encryption and ransom methods. Here is the file:
Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
According to the contents of this note, the victim needs to pay 980 US dollars for decrypting the data. Scammers encourage the victim to pay the ransom as soon as possible, offering a 50% discount when paying within 72 hours from the moment of data encryption. Of course, we do not recommend you pay, as there is no guarantee that you will really back your files, even if you fully pay the ransom. We recommend that you remove Righ ransomware using our recommendations below.
How to remove Righ Ransomware
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will Righ Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Righ Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Try SpyHunter for Mac
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Righ Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Righ Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Righ Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.