Infected with Seon Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Seon Ransomware
In this article, we will talk in detail about Seon Ransomware that has recently become very common. This is primarily aimed at English-speaking users, however, according to the latest data, the cryptovirus has already spread almost throughout the globe. It encrypts user data by changing their extension on .FIXT. These files can be video, audio, multimedia, archives and other files. After that, the files become unconditionally unsuitable for further use; moreover, the virus deletes shadow copies of the files, which makes it difficult to restore the previous versions of these files on your own. Like other viruses, this creates a special note file YOUR_FILES_ARE_ENCRYPTED.txt, which contains fairly detailed information on how to purchase:
Your files have been encrypted with AES-128
Please pay immedantely
In this note, Seon Ransomware’s scammers offer to decrypt one file for free, as a guarantee. Ransom criminals require to pay in cryptocurrency, to avoid prosecution by the law. However, no one guarantees that fraudsters will indeed return your files to you. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you remove this Seon Ransomware immediately. To do this, you can carefully read our recommendations listed below.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Seon infected your PC
As a rule, cryptovirus and come to the computer through unprotected network settings, Seon Ransomware virus is no exception. This comes as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as an update for any program that is installed on your computer. Of course, first of all, you need to use antiviruses and other programs that are able to prevent the penetration of such viruses. If you have already encountered this problem, then you need to carefully examine the possible ways to remove Seon Ransomware and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Seon virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton – fully removes all instances of Seon – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Seon:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Seon?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of Seon remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi