Infected with StalinLocker Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is StalinLocker Ransomware
StalinLocker Ransomware is one of the extorting cryptographers, activated in early May this year. It looks like an uncleaned cryptographer, because usually similar viruses encrypt key files on your PC, changing their structure and renaming the names to a set of symbols and letters. This encryptor acts differently. StalinLocker Ransomware displays the following pop-up:
The banner depicts posters from the heyday of the USSR with a portrait of Stalin and contains his following words on Russian:
Victory of socialism is ensured in our country
Foundation of the socialist economy completed
Reality of our production plan - the millions of working people, creating a new life.
It becomes clear that the target audience of StalinLocker Ransomware developers is Russian-speaking users. Developers do not require money, because their main task is to intimidate the user. There is the message that the user must enter the unlock code, otherwise, it will delete absolutely all files irrevocably on the user disks. A countdown timer of 120 seconds and the national anthem of the Soviet Union cause more fear. There may be different versions of the code, but there is no guarantee that it will unlock your system. It is not necessary to select an unblocking code, so you can only harm personal information. It’s best to use our tips and instructions below to remove StalinLocker Ransomware right now.
How StalinLocker Ransomware infected your PC
Basically, StalinLocker Ransomware gets into your computer via network connections because of defenseless settings or via e-mail as attached documents. StalinLocker Ransomware secretly launches its executable files and why its activity remains invisible to the user. You need to use special programs that can ensure the security of your data and remove malicious software that has already infected your PC. Here is an example of such a program HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer, before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the StalinLocker Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to StalinLocker Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of StalinLocker Ransomware:
Related emails and folders:
Remove following files:
How to decrypt files infected by StalinLocker Ransomware?
Use automated decryption tools
There is ransomware decryptor from Kaspersky that can decrypt Spora files. It is free and may help you restore files encrypted by StalinLocker Ransomware virus. Download it here:
You can also try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although, latest versions of StalinLocker Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged (in our case – StalinLocker Ransomware by StalinLocker Ransomware). This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Restore .REBUS files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi