What is VuLi Ransomware
If you find that some files on your system (photos, videos, archives, text documents, tables, and much more) have changed their extension to .VuLi and cannot be opened or changed, then you have been attacked by VuLi Ransomware, which belongs to the Xorist family like YaKo, MBRCodes. VuLi Ransomware is a cryptovirus that encrypts user data using a complex algorithm. After that, the files become unusable.
Also, as it was written earlier, VuLi Ransomware changes the file extension to .VuLi.
The activity of this ransomware was first recorded in the first half of September 2020. In just a few days, the virus spread throughout the world, although it was originally targeted at English-speaking users.
The cybercriminals’ note is also written in English. Moreover, the virus uses the pop-up and text document HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt as informants.
In your attention!!!
Hello, your server is very vulnerable, that’s why you became a victim of ransomware
All your files are currently encrypted
However, there is also good news, the files can be decrypted if you pay 0.11 bitcoin.
All you have to do is follow the steps below.
Buy 0.11 bitcoin, you can easily buy bitcoin from this sites:
Send the amount to this wallet: 1998JZzgMRtmDDiCnyjnHWtqn5xGX1BNEZ
After sending, contact me at these email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
With this subject: –
Immediately after this you will receive an email with the keys and a small tutorial for decrypting the files.
Here’s another list of where to buy bitcoin:
Fraudsters demand a ransom of 0.11 bitcoins. Also, they pointed out ways to purchase cryptocurrency. Of course, we do not recommend that you pay as there is no guarantee that your data will be decrypted. Follow our step by step instructions to remove VuLi Ransomware and decrypt .VuLi files.
How to remove VuLi Ransomware
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will VuLi Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the VuLi Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of VuLi Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by VuLi Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of VuLi Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.