Infected with YYYYBJQOQDU Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is YYYYBJQOQDU Ransomware
Today’s article is devoted to YYYYBJQOQDU, which in the last week has become common in a bad sense of the word. This has spread across the globe and has already annoyed many users. So, this is a cryptovirus that encrypts a user file using a special algorithm. Moreover, it changes the file extension to .YYYYBJQOQDU. If we consider the formats that are encrypted, it can be video, audio, archives, multimedia, in general, many files that can be very important for the user. Also, the virus creates a special note file YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED.TXT which contains detailed information about the methods of redemption. Below you can see how it looks.
Hello! The cost of the decryption program at the moment is $ 3000[/size]
For payment you have 6 hours - you need to buy bitcoin and pay for my wallet.
If you do not pay the decryption program within 6 hours - the price will be $ 5000
Buy bitcoin is best on the site https://localbitcoins.com , choose your country - buy Bitcoin
and pay to my wallet: 1CTzR5oW4uQdY3xhHnmisD3M8shh7qcd6e
After you pay, you will receive all the necessary instructions to decrypt your files.
Like other fraudsters, YYYYBJQOQDU requires a ransom in the amount of several hundred dollars from the user Yes, and you need to pay in the form of cryptocurrency. Thus, the attackers are trying to avoid punishment by law enforcement. Of course, this is big money. Moreover, there is no guarantee that fraudsters will really return your files to you. Below you will find special recommendations that are designed to help you remove it.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How YYYYBJQOQDU Ransomware infected your PC
In most cases, YYYYBJQOQDU comes through gaps in the user network settings. To be more precise, this is because it allows the use of paid antivirus software that can really protect your computer. You need to use special programs that are aimed at maintaining the security of your system. Moreover, it may come as an attachment to a spam mailing list or as an important update for a program and utility in other words, you may not even notice how it penetrates your computer. Below you can find our recommendations to try to remove YYYYBJQOQDU and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will YYYYBJQOQDU Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the YYYYBJQOQDU Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of YYYYBJQOQDU Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of YYYYBJQOQDU Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by YYYYBJQOQDU Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of YYYYBJQOQDU Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi