Uninstall a program in Windows 11
As in Windows 10, removing programs and applications in Windows 11 is a fairly simple task. You don’t need to store every installed application. You can uninstall any program in Windows 11 if you don’t need it anymore. It can be something you downloaded from the Internet or one of the standard operating system applications. We will analyze in this instruction how to remove programs, applications, and games in Windows 11 in different ways.
Note: From our own testing, it turned out that removing apps using the built-in Windows 11 options still carries the risk of leaving behind the remaining folders, files and registry entries. If you want to prevent this from happening, you still need to use a third-party uninstaller.
There are many third-party removal programs that can do the job, but we recommend using the following one as it has already been updated for Windows 11:
With CleanMyPC Multi Uninstaller, you get rid of several apps at a time along with all their leftovers that are typically overlooked. Just make your choice and be sure Multi Uninstaller will leave no traces of unneeded apps.
Uninstall a program manually
Method 1. Removing applications in Windows 11 via Settings:
- Press Win + I combination to open Settings.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Apps and Features on the right.
- In the Menu choose Settings and click on it.
- In the opened list find an unwanted program (a program you want to uninstall) and click on the 3-dots icon.
- Click Uninstall button and then click the Uninstall button again to confirm the action.
Method 2. Uninstall programs and applications in Windows 11 via the Start menu:
- Left-click on the Start button and click “All Apps” to open the list of installed programs.
- Right-click on the program you want to uninstall and click Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall button again to confirm the action.
Method 3. Removing programs in Windows 11 via the Control Panel:
- Press the Win+R button combination and enter “control” to quickly open the Control Panel.
- Open Programs and then click on Programs and Features.
- Next, select the program to delete with one click and click on “Uninstall” from above.
- Click on “Uninstall” again to remove the program.
That’s all. Looking forward to your suggestions and comments in the comment box below. Hope this guide was useful.