There a lot of toolbars nowadays and it is up to you to decide which one to choose. The great number of toolbars or just one toolbar that is broken can slow down the performance of your computer and browser. So, in this case you should uninstall some toolbars from your browser. You should choose what toolbar you should uninstall or if you do not need the toolbars, then you should uninstall them all. In this article we are going to tell you how to uninstall Alexa toolbar.
The most common method, which you can use in order to uninstall Alexa toolbar, is to use Add/Remove Programs utility. If you did not try to use this method, then you should perform the following:
- Click on Start button, then select Control Panel, then click on Uninstall a program link.
- You should find the name of unwanted toolbar in the list and click on Uninstall button.
- Then you should follow the prescribed instructions and close the window of use Add/Remove Programs utility.
There cases when it is impossible to uninstall a toolbar, using this system utility. You should find some new instructions in order to uninstall Alexa toolbar. You can try to following:
- Restart your computer in order to boot it in Safe Mode with Networking. When you will see that the computer is enumerating all its hardware, you should begin to press F8 repeatedly.
- Press this button until you will see the menu window. Then you should select the Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Then you should open your Registry Editor, by pressing Windows+R buttons.
- When you will see the dialog window you should type there appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- You should find Alexa Toolbar in the list and highlight it. Then you should click on Remove. Then follow the prescribed instructions until the reboot.
If this method was also useless for you, then you should use any of the special uninstallers. Uninstallers are the programs that help users to uninstall all the unwanted programs. They remove all the parts of the unwanted programs, including files and folders and registry entries. So, you will not need to do anything by yourselves, just trust your problem to uninstaller and forget about unwanted toolbars. So, we can advise you the following uninstallers in order to uninstall Alexa toolbar: FreeUninstallIt, IObit Uninstaller, Software Uninstaller or Advanced Uninstaller.