Hotbar is a tool that personalizes the view of browser applications, their functionality and also e-mail. The problem with this toolbar is that it also performs the functions peculiar for spyware – it collects information about the user’s online activity and transfers this information to third-parties. As the result the user receives numerous advertisements and pop-ups. The tool can disable pop-up blockers and slow down your system. The toolbar installs itself on the computer without asking the user for permission. If you do not want hotbar to infect your computer, avoid suspicious websites. Hotbar can usually be installed on your computer when you visit a webpage that uses ActiveX controls or install infected freeware. The tool is often classified as a potentially unwanted program or spyware. The toolbar should be removed from your computer as quick as possible. Learn how to uninstall Hotbar adware from your browsers.
The removal process might be different for different browsers. Anyway, you should begin by removing the Hotbar through Control Panel. To do that:
- Click on the button with Windows sign on the screen and select Control Panel.
- Next click Programs (if you have Windows 7) and then select Uninstall Program. (If you have Windows XP select Add/Remove Programs)
- Now search for HotBar in the list of installed programs, select it and click the Uninstall button. Reboot after the uninstall process.
However, this step will not uninstall Hotbar completely. There will still be some leftovers, which can be removed with the following tutorial:
- Go to the Registry Editor: go Start > Run and type “regedit” in the opened window.
- In the Registry Editor delete all the keys with the name “Hotbar” and also HotBar 3.0 from
HKEY_Current_UserSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsUser Agent
If you have Firefox browser use the following instruction as well:
- Launch the Task Manager (hit the Ctrl+Alt+Del buttons simultaneously) and locate the process called HBLiteSA.exe there. Select it, and then click End process.
- Now find and disable the following .dll files:
- C:Program FilesHBLitebin188.8.131.52HBLiteSAAX.dll
- C:Program FilesMozilla Firefoxpluginsnpclntax_HBLiteSA.dll
- C:Program FilesHBLitebin184.108.40.206HBLiteSAHook.dll
How to make a back-up:
- Go to the Start menu, and then click Run and type “regedit” in the new-opened window.
- Then click on File and select export in the drop-down menu.
- Now select the registry you want to delete and choose an address where you want it. Click OK and that’s it!
The Free Uninstall It tool will save your from the trouble of following all the above-listed instructions. Free Uninstall It is a specialized tool that was created to help PC users who want to get rid of stubborn programs from their computers. There are many programs, which the users want to delete for various reasons and some of them are very hard to remove. The tool’s mission is to make the removal process easier and less time-consuming.