Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a program for the increase of download speed up to 5 times. This program will help you the recover the download in the case of internet connection break because of different reasons, for example the network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages. It integrates your browser and helps your computer to handle the download. Sometimes there situations when you want to get rid of this program any more or you want to change it for newer version or for another program. The usual uninstallation process takes place without any problems, but there are some cases when a person does not manage to uninstall IDM at all or just does not know the methods for it. So, if you want to uninstall Internet Download Manager and something wrong with your methods, so you are on the right Web page and here you will find the effective instructions.
So, we are going to begin with the most common method of IDM removal. Just follow the instructions:
- Firstly you should close all the windows of the program that you are going to uninstall.
- Then you should click on Start, select All programs, find Internet Download Manager (IDM) program in the list.
- Click uninstall IDM , when you see the window, click Default option, then Next and Finish after the deinstallation process.
- Reboot your computer to finish the uninstallation process.
Then you can simply check if the uninstallation was done: just open you system disk (usually it is C), open Program Files and look for the Internet Download Manager folder. If you see it, so you should find another method. For example this one:
- Open Task Manager and stop the active process of IDM, it can be called like IDMan.exe.
- After that it will be easier to remove IDM, so then you should click on Start and select Control Panel.
- Double-click on Add or Remove Programs. Find the program that you need to uninstall and click Change/Remove. After that you should follow all the windows and confirm the removal.
- After that you should open your browser in order to remove IDM extension from it.
- Click Tools, then Add-ons, find and click Extensions tab.
- Click Uninstall and confirm the process.
- After that you should clean your Registry, because some registry keys that belonged to IDM, and if you are not going to remove them, they will spoil the performance of your computer.
If you don’t want to use so complicated methods, so you can use some special automatic Uninstaller in order to uninstall IDM, for example Free Uninstaller.
This program will solve all your problems with the programs that are not going to be uninstalled. It will remove all the folders and file of the unwanted program, its registry keys and values accurately, so, that you will not have any system error messages after the uninstallation.