Many people recently had installed Nuance PDF Reader and get problem while trying to uninstall it. There are error messages during installation or after it is finished. Some people successfully uninstall this program, but it seems that it still is taking over PDF files in FireFox browsers. The uninstall procedure for this program wasn’t properly designed for all the possible installation scenarios, and this is the cause of the problem.
Look at scenarios below and chose the one you need, then follow instructions.
If manual instructions and video seem difficult download Norton – it is able to remove this adware.
Norton is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Nuance PDF Reader – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of Norton provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Norton.
Scenario 1: You like this program, but you can’t get it work properly.
- Open Control Panel and select Add or Remove Programs. (In Vista or Windows 7, select Programs and Features).
- Find and highlight Nuance PDF Reader 6.0
Scenario 2: You want to completely uninstall Nuance PDF Reader
Note: If you got an error message like one below?
“This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information”
Just follow the list of instructions below with all the ways that help to uninstall Nuance PDF Reader. It is likely that you need to go through all of them to the end if you got an error message.
Try to uninstall Nuance PDF Reader with its default uninstaller:
- Click Start and find “Nuance PDF Reader” in All Programs.
- Click Uninstall and follow the uninstall Wizard directions.
- Click Yes for the confirmation of the removal.
- After the removal is complete, click Finish and restart your computer.
If the issues related to this program are gone, then it is uninstalled. If not, try the next way.
Note: Basically both ways are the same because Windows Add/Remove Program utility starts program’s’ uninstaller if it has one that conforms to the OS requirements. If there is no uninstaller, or if the program’s uninstaller utility is not accepted by Windows, then this system utility makes its own uninstaller and uses it for the removal.
Try to uninstall Nuance PDF Reader with Windows Add/Remove Program:
- Click Start, open Control Panel, and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Highlight the “Nuance PDF Reader” and select Uninstall option.
- Click Yes to confirm the removal.
Remove all the entries in your system registry that belong to this program.
- Click Start
- For Windows XP – type regedit in the “Search programs and files” box at the bottom and click regedit.exe link that will appear at the menu top.
- For windows Vista and 7 – start Run utility, type regedit in the prompt box, and click Enter.
- Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftware, find folder with the name of this program and remove it.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftware, find folder with the name of this program and remove it.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun, click on it to expose the content in the window on the right. Find the line that handles auto start of Nuance RDF Reader and remove this line.
Remove all the folders on your disk that belong to Nuance PDF Reader.
- Click Start and open Control Panel.
- In Control Panel find Folder Options and open View tab
- Enable Show Hidden Files and Folders option
- Find and delete these folders:
(C:Document and SettingsAll UsersApplication Data)
(C:Documents and Settings%USER%Application Data)
If you don’t feel comfortable with the last two steps and are not confident about your ability to safely go through this operation, than you better use the help of more experienced person or use a special uninstall utilities.
Uninstall Nuance PDF Reader with an automatic utility
- Download this utility program
- Close all files, folders and running processes that belong to Nuance PDF Reader.
- Run the installed utility to uninstall Nuance PDF Reader
Scenario 3: You uninstalled Nuance PDF Reader from your PC successfully, but when you start your FireFox and opening PDF file, this reader still taking over.
It happens if the program installs a FireFox plugin that isn’t automatically removed during uninstall process. To completely uninstall Nuance PDF Reader from your browser:
- Start FireFox and click on Add-ons from the Tools menu.
- In the list of installed Plugins find all PDF plugins that are NOT related to “Adobe Acrobat”. You probably wouldn’t find there a name of Nuance but rather some other name such as DocuCom PDF Plus, or something like that.
- Click the Disable button for any strange name related to PDF in this list. Make sure to scroll the list down to the end.
Note: If this will not work for the first time try to disable Adobe plugin also, and then, enable it again. I hope these instructions are complete, short and helpful to you.
Written by Aleksei Abalmasov