Powershell is a script language and command line shell that was released by Microsoft Windows Corporation. You can use this program as the additional and extended command line. If you have Windows Server 2008, this program is already installed on your computer. So, if you don’t need this program and prefer to use usual Command Prompt. Powershell is a program that is protected by some additional programs, this protection was made by Microsoft. So it is not easy to uninstall Powershell because of this protection, but we will try to help you.
So, before any changes in your system it is recommended to check the system for the errors. It will prevent Windows OS from the appearance of annoying errors. So, after the check, please close all the programs for the period of the uninstallation. Then follow these instructions:
- Press Win+R on your keyboard in order to open Command Prompt.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” and click OK.
- Put the tick in “Show updates” box.
- Look though the “Currently installed programs” and find there “Windows PowerShell(TM) 1.0” and click “Remove“. If you have Windows Server 2008, so then you should remove “Hotfix for Windows Server 2003” line.
- The you should follow the instruction that you will get and reboot your computer.
You also can use this method:
- For that you should open your Control Panel in Start Menu.
- Then click “Uninstall a program“, then “Programs and Features“.
- Right click on Update which reads Powershell and uninstall it.
You can use also add/remove programs system utility to uninstall Powershell, but often you cannot see this program. So you can use some other methods, for example those that we have already described or may be this one:
- Open Command Prompt, by pressing Win+R.
- Type the following in the line:
- Reboot your computer.
- If this command will not help you, so try to type this one:
- Reboot your computer and the instructions for Powershell removal are complete.
Also we can advise you one more way out: it is possible to use special programs – uninstallers. These programs were made especially for the cases when it is very hard to remove programs that you don’t want to have on your computer. So, you can use these programs because they are more powerful than the usual add/remove programs system utility. For example, Free Uninstall It can uninstall Powershell accurately: it will not leave some registry Keys that belong to the program in order to prevent some system errors.