CoolChaser is personalized theme-generating application for Facebook and Myspace. It has its own toolbar and installs it in the browser. This toolbar can be installed voluntary or by a Trojan. So, some experts have the ground to think that CoolChaser Toolbar is a malicious application. So, this application is used by hackers to collect users’ information that include internet activity and some personal facts. If you have your online bank account, then it can be at stake if this toolbar is installed on your computer. There are some facts that CoolChaser Toolbar record all the keystrokes that a user types. So, if this toolbar is in your browser, then you should uninstall CoolChaser Toolbar.
There are several methods how you can uninstall CoolChaser Toolbar. You can use manual or automatic methods. So, if you want to use manual method, then you should follow these instructions items:
- Use this method to remove CoolChaser Toolbar from your internet account. So, click on Account menu link in Facebook.
- Then choose Privacy Settings. Then you should find here section that is called Apps and Websites and click Edit your settings.
- Click Edit settings button. Remove the application.
If you want to remove it manually from your browser, then use the following instructions. So, at first you should know what browser you have, so according to it, you should select the instructions on this page.
If you use Internet Explorer, so you should follow these instructions:
- Click Tools, then select Manage add-ons
- Select Toolbars and Extensions
- Find the needed toolbar, highlight it and select Disable.
If you have Google Chrome, so in order to uninstall CoolChaser Toolbar, you should perform the following instructions:
- So, open your browser, go to chrome://extensions/.
- Find the unwanted toolbar in the list and then you should click on Uninstall button.
If your browser is Mozilla Firefox, then you can use the following actions:
- Open your browser.
- Click on Tools, then select Add-ons, scroll down the list and highlight the toolbar in the list.
- Then you should click on Uninstall button and confirm the uninstallation.
No matter what web browser you have, the changes will be applied only after the reboot of your browser.
If you want to remove this toolbar automatically, then the only your actions can be: