Privacy SafeGuard is a browser add-on that can be used by users in order to protect their computer from the threats that penetrate computers through the Web. But we should say that Privacy SafeGuard is not the best choice in order to protect your privacy, because this program shows different pop-ups with advertising messages. Also users complain that Privacy SafeGuard installs itself without users’ permission and even their knowledge. You can use the instructions from this page in order to uninstall Privacy SafeGuard.
Privacy SafeGuard can be installed in any popular browser in order to increase traffic for some advertising websites. The more people will click their links, then more money the creators of the program will get. Also not every commercial link can be safe, so user should not click on them at all. Sometimes this program can be installed by users themselves in order to protect their computers, otherwise it was installed by itself together with some freeware downloaded from the internet. There are cases when Privacy SafeGuard is very hard to remove, but if you want to uninstall Privacy SafeGuard with your own effort, then you can follow the instructions below.
If you want to remove Privacy SafeGuard, using the manual method, then here it is:
- Click Start, then choose Settings and click Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find the unwanted program, then highlight this entry and click Remove.
If you want to remove Privacy SafeGuard directly from your browser, then you should perform the instructions for your browser.
For Internet Explorer:
- You should click Tools, then choose Manage add-ons
- Click Toolbars and Extensions tab
- Find the add-on, highlight it and select Disable.
If you have Google Chrome:
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar of your browser and press Enter.
- Find the add-on in the list, highlight it and click on Uninstall button.
If your browser is Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on Tools, then select Add-ons.
- Scroll down the list and highlight the add-on that you want to remove.
- Click on Uninstall button and confirm the uninstallation.
If the changes are not seen yet, then you should restart your browser. Then the changes will be applied. But if you want to use any method that does not require so many efforts, then you should use Uninstaller to remove Privacy SafeGuard. We can advise you to uninstall Privacy SafeGuard with the help of the Free Uninstall It program. Free Uninstall It is a program that will help you to get rid of any of the unwanted toolbars or programs.