Infected with RabbitFox Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is RabbitFox Ransomware
Today’s article is devoted to RabbitFox cryptovirus that has become very common in the last week. This virus, like many analogues, comes to the computer and encrypts user data of various types, including Office documents, audio, video, multimedia, archives and much more. Also, it is worth noting that this changes the extension of these files to .fox. After the changes are made, these files become unsuitable for further use. Also, the cryptovirus compiles a special note file Decrypt.txt which contains detailed information about the methods of redemption. This note Yes, and the image and content we have indicated below.
All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem
with your PC. If you want to restore them, write us to the e-mail Rabbit2002@pm.me
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends
on how fast you write to us. After payment we will send you
the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
Free decryption as guarantee
Before paying you can send us up to 2 files for free
decryption. The total size of files must be less than 1Mb (non archived),
and files should not contain valuable information.
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it
may cause permanent data loss.
Of course, fraudsters are trying to intimidate the user, indicating that the files may be irretrievably lost. To recover and decrypt files, the user must pay a ransom in the amount of several hundred dollars. Moreover, the ransom should be cryptocurrency, namely in bitcoins. This is necessary so that the attackers could do their business with impunity because tracking a cryptocurrency transaction is a very complicated matter. We do not recommend you pay, it is better to get acquainted with our recommendations in order to remove RabbitFox and decrypt your files.
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How RabbitFox Ransomware infected your PC
Like similar threats, RabbitFox comes through unprotected user networks. This is due to the fact that users rarely use the paid version of antivirus software. You need to use paid software that can really prevent such threats from penetrating. You can also read our recommendations below to try to remove RabbitFox and decrypt your files.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will RabbitFox Ransomware system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the RabbitFox Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
Wipersoft – fully removes all instances of RabbitFox Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of RabbitFox Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by RabbitFox Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although latest versions of RabbitFox Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi