VectorGallery is a potentially unwanted program that injects advertisements into websites, changes your browser’s default search engine and homepage, and disrupts your online browsing experience. If you’ve unintentionally installed VectorGallery on your Mac and want to get rid of it, this comprehensive guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to remove VectorGallery from your Mac effectively.
Introduction to VectorGallery
VectorGallery is a malicious program categorized as a browser hijacker. Once installed on your Mac, it alters your browser’s settings, including the default search engine and homepage. It injects unwanted advertisements into websites you visit and may open new tabs displaying ads for software, fake updates, or tech support scams. VectorGallery often comes bundled with other programs or is distributed through deceptive advertisements.
How VectorGallery is Installed on Mac
VectorGallery is typically installed by users unknowingly. It is often bundled with free software or distributed through misleading advertisements. When users download and install these programs, they may overlook the fact that VectorGallery is included, leading to unintentional installation. VectorGallery can also be installed via malicious ads that redirect users to compromised websites.
Try SpyHunter for Mac
Manual Removal Instructions for VectorGallery
Removing VectorGallery from your Mac requires a series of steps to completely eliminate the browser hijacker. Follow the instructions below carefully to ensure a successful removal process.
Step 1: Remove Malicious Profiles
- Open “System Preferences” from the Apple menu.
- Search for the “Profiles” icon. If no profiles are found, proceed to the next step.
- If profiles are found, click on the suspicious profile and click the “-” button to remove it.
By removing the malicious profiles, you can regain control over your browser settings.
Step 2: Uninstall VectorGallery
- Quit the VectorGallery application if it is running.
- Open the “Finder” application from the dock.
- Click on “Applications” in the left pane.
- Locate VectorGallery in the list of applications, right-click on it, and select “Move to Trash.”
- Empty the Trash to permanently delete VectorGallery from your Mac.
Removing VectorGallery from your Applications folder helps eliminate the main executable of the browser hijacker.
Step 3: Remove VectorGallery from Browsers
Remove VectorGallery from Safari
- Open Safari and go to “Preferences” from the Safari menu.
- Check the homepage setting under the “General” tab and change it if necessary.
- Switch to the “Extensions” tab and uninstall the VectorGallery extension if present.
- Go to the “Notifications” section under “Websites” and disable any VectorGallery-related notifications.
Remove VectorGallery from Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the three dots in the top-right corner, then select “Settings.”
- Scroll down and click on “Extensions” in the left menu.
- Locate the VectorGallery extension and click on the trash bin icon to remove it.
- Go back to the settings and select “Privacy and security” in the left menu.
- Click on “Site Settings” and navigate to the “Notifications” section.
- Remove any VectorGallery-related notifications.
Remove VectorGallery from Firefox
- Open Firefox and click on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner.
- Select “Add-ons” from the dropdown menu.
- Go to the “Extensions” tab and remove the VectorGallery extension if present.
- Click on the three horizontal lines again and select “Options.”
- In the left menu, click on “Privacy & Security” and scroll down to the “Permissions” section.
- Click on “Settings” next to “Notifications” and remove any VectorGallery-related notifications.
By following these browser-specific instructions, you can ensure a thorough removal of VectorGallery from your Mac.
Alternative Removal Methods
If the manual removal instructions didn’t completely eliminate VectorGallery from your Mac, you can consider using alternative methods to further clean your system. These methods include using other reputable anti-malware programs, seeking assistance from professional malware removal services, or restoring your Mac to a previous state using Time Machine backups.
Tips to Stay Safe Online
To prevent future infections and protect your Mac from potential threats, it’s essential to follow these security tips:
- Use reliable antivirus software and keep it up to date to protect against the latest threats.
- Regularly update your operating system and applications to patch security vulnerabilities.
- Be cautious when installing programs, read the terms and conditions, and avoid bundled software.
- Install an ad blocker to prevent malicious ads from appearing on websites.
- Only download software from trusted sources and verify the legitimacy of the download links.
- Be vigilant of phishing attempts and avoid clicking on suspicious links or downloading email attachments from unknown senders.
- Back up your data regularly to avoid data loss in case of malware infections or system failures.
- Use strong and unique passwords for your online accounts and enable two-factor authentication whenever possible.
- Exercise caution when browsing the internet and avoid visiting suspicious or untrustworthy websites.
- Avoid using pirated software or engaging in illegal downloads, as they often come bundled with malware.
By adopting these best practices, you can significantly reduce the risk of malware infections and protect your online privacy.
VectorGallery is a browser hijacker that can disrupt your online browsing experience by injecting unwanted advertisements and altering your browser settings. Removing VectorGallery from your Mac requires a systematic approach, including removing malicious profiles, uninstalling the program, scanning with anti-malware software, and restoring browser settings. By following the step-by-step instructions provided in this guide and adopting good security practices, you can effectively remove VectorGallery from your Mac and protect it from future threats. Stay safe online and enjoy a secure browsing experience on your Mac!