Scansoft programs belong to legal programs, created by Nuance Communications, Inc. But there are cases when the program appeared on the PC by itself, the user did not install it and he had no idea why the program appeared. But it is hard to explain why some users are not able to uninstall Scansoft programs from their computers. So we are going to help them in this not an easy task.
The most common program that causes problems of its uninstallation is ScanSoft PaperPort. This program is a suite of software documents management. It allows you to organize, access,
use paper and digital documents at the same time, and manage them on a personal computer. Large and clear PaperPort thumbnail can visually organize, search, assemble and use any scanned documents photos, and files of Word, spreadsheets, and create PDF files from the scanner and any printable documents. But if you don’t want to use the program any more, then it is very hard to uninstall it from your computer with the help of usual add/remove programs. So, follow the instructions, given below if you still want to get rid of ScanSoft PaperPort:
- Try to remove the program, using Add/remove system utility, if you don’t try to do it. If it does not help, then perform the next steps.
- Open the Registry Editor, using Win+R buttons to run the Command Prompt and typing regedit in the line.
- Navigate and remove the following registry entry:
If you have some problems with other programs of Scansoft, you can find the uninstallation instructions below.
Some users also have problems with ScanSoft PDF Converter Professional uninstallation. This is the program of any work with PDF files, they say that it is a useful all-in-one program, but when you want to uninstall it, maybe you will not manage to do it. It is recommended to use the following instructions in order to remove the program:
- Use add/remove program system utility. If it will not help, try step two.
- Download any special Uninstaller program and it will easily uninstall the program, keeping safe your registry entries and system files.
There are also cases when people are not able to uninstall ScanSoft OmniPage and the proved solution for this situation is the following:
- Open Task Manager by clicking CTRL-SHIFT-ESC.
- Select Process tab and try to find the process you need. You should search the information for every process if you don’t know any of them, don’t be lazy, take care of your computer and don’t stop any system process. I suppose the process that you need is opware32.exe, end this process if there is one in the list.
- Then you should download MalwareBytes Antimalware, update the program and do the full scan of your computer.
Some experts say that every program of ScanSoft, including ScanSoft PDF Create and ScanSoft RealSpeakprograms, needs a special instruction for its uninstallation. So, in order to uninstall Scansoft program, whatever it is, you should unregister and delete it:
- Open Command Prompt, by pressing Win+R buttons on your keyboard.
- Type C:Program FilesScanSoft and press Enter.
- Then type the version of the ScanSoft program that you want to remove, for example, PDF Converter Professional 6 and press Enter to navigate the folder.
- Type regsvr32 /u PDFCWordaddin.dll and press Enter. This action will help to unregister the program.
- Type PDF DriverOfficeAddin in the line of Command Prompt and hit Enter.
- Type regsvr32 /u ZnWordaddin.dll and press Enter.
- Close Command Prompt: type exit and press Enter.
Then you can try to remove programs, using Add/Remove system utility.
After the removal we recommend you to scan your computer for viruses, because if the program was not installed by you, then it was installed by malicious software like Trojan. And if the program cannot be uninstalled with the help of usual Add/Remove system utility, then it is protected by a malware.
Another reliable and proved method how you can uninstall Scansoft program form your computer is to use any Uninstaller, we recommend you to use FreeUninstallIt or Revo Uninstaller Pro. And when the uninstaller will remove the program, don’t forget to scan your computer for viruses with the help of any powerful antivirus software.