What is Funkystreams.com hijacker
Today we will talk in detail Funkystreams.com browser hijacker that comes to the computer without the consent of the user. This is a search engine that looks very similar to similar search engines, such as Google or Yahoo. Moreover, the developers promise that this will increase the efficiency of the browser and search, and also has useful functions for searching music of various genres. In fact, this is not so. This is an annoying potentially unwanted program, namely malware. After penetration, this changes the browser settings, including the home page. Moreover, it can collect and analyze user data, including browser history, internet activity. This information may be disclosed to third parties for commercial purposes. We strongly recommend that you get rid of Funkystreams.com if you find it on your system.
How Funkystreams.com hijacker gets on your PC?
In most cases, potentially unwanted programs, such as adware and malware, come without the user’s consent, complete with free programs and the Internet. This happens because users rarely pay attention to the installation package that they receive when they download a program. Scammers often hide malware as an additional component of the installation package. You need to closely monitor the installation process, and also pay attention to the list of components and elements of the program. Moreover, you need to use special software that is able to prevent the penetration of such threats. If Funkystreams.com has already penetrated your computer, then you need to use our recommendations, which are listed below, to remove it.
How to remove Funkystreams.com hijackerÂ from your computer?
The most easy and modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter 5 Antimalware
Try Combo Cleaner Antivirus
Try Bitdefender Mobile Security
- Real-time antimalware protection
- Direct access to our support team
- Battery & Performance Saver
- Recovering of Devices in a case of Loss or Theft.
Bitdefender blocks advertisement from different sources. Besides, viruses, trojans, site banners, other ads types such as pop-ups, video insertions, etc. will be removed. According AV TEST, Bitdefender shows 100% detection (September 2018 Test)
Try Bitdefender Antivirus for Business
If you need protection for business, especcially for different devices, you can use an advanced antivirus. Bitdefender gives you the constant anti-malware protection against newest threats across most popular operating systems: MacOS, OSx, Windows, and Android. Bitdefender offers has the following features:
- Complete anti-malware protection: Windows, macOS, Android and iOS
- Multi-layer anti-trojan protection with ransomware remediation
- Cloud-based centralized control for multiple devices
- 24/7 support from real humans whenever you need helpl
- 1-20 Devices, 1-3 year license period
Also, you can try to remove Funkystreams.com hijacker manually. For uninstalling Funkystreams.com hijacker remove it from Control Panel, then delete all files and registry keys.
Step 1: Remove Funkystreams.com hijacker from Control Panel
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Funkystreams.com hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Funkystreams.com and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Funkystreams.com, select it and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate Funkystreams.com and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove Funkystreams.com from your browser.
Step 2: Remove Funkystreams.com from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Funkystreams.com.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose Funkystreams.com.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Funkystreams.com.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Remove Funkystreams.com from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find Funkystreams.com Pop-ups.
- Turn of Funkystreams.com Pop-ups from Allowed to Block.
Written by Rami Duafi