What is Bigsrch.xyz (SearchGG) hijacker
Bigsrch.xyz (Searchgg – Custom Search) is a rogue search engine that you might get redirected to if you have a browser hijacker on your computer. A browser hijacker is a program or a browser extension that can alter some settings on browsers (default search engine, homepage, start page, etc.) or intercept users’ search queries and redirect them to the site it promotes. A browser hijacker can also inject ads on webpages that you visit or open new tabs on your browser occasionally and redirect you to various advertising and scam sites. Some browser hijackers keep track of users’ browsing activity (sites visited, search queries, etc.) and sell the data they gathered to third-party advertisers. If Bigsrch.xyz opens on your new tabs or your searches keep getting redirected to https://bigsrch.xyz/results.php?wd=[search query], you may follow this step-by-step tutorial to remove Bigsrch.xyz browser hijacker from your computer.
How Bigsrch.xyz (Searchgg – Custom Search) hijacker gets on your PC?
Bigsrch.xyz browser hijacker usually comes bundled with free Internet programs. For example, a user may download a program, but its installer may try to also install some potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) under the guise of useful tools. To avoid such cases, you need to pay attention during the installation process, do not install suspicious programs and browser add-ons, as well as use special software that can protect you from threats like that. If you already have Bigsrch.xyz on your computer and would like to remove it, please use our recommendations below.
How to remove Bigsrch.xyz hijacker from your computer?
The easiest and most modern way of removing browser hijackers, pop-ups, trojans or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter for Mac
Also, you can try to remove Bigsrch.xyz (SearchGG) hijacker manually. To uninstall Bigsrch.xyz hijacker remove it from Control Panel and browsers, then delete all files and registry keys.
Step 1: Remove Bigsrch.xyz hijacker from Control Panel
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find new and unfamiliar programs.
- Click Uninstall next to them.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find new and unfamiliar programs and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find new and unfamiliar programs, select them and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate new and unfamiliar programs and click on them, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove Bigsrch.xyz from your browser.
Step 2: Remove Bigsrch.xyz from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find new and unfamiliar extensions.
- Click the trash can icon to remove them.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose new and unfamiliar extensions.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find new and unfamiliar extensions and click settings next to them
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable on new and unfamiliar extensions.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Remove Bigsrch.xyz from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find Bigsrch.xyz.
- Turn of Bigsrch.xyz from Allowed to Block.