What is Kittens New Tab hijacker
This article will be devoted to the Kittens New Tab browser hijacker that comes to the computer without the consent of the user as an extension for browsers that are installed on your system. At first glance, it may seem that this is a search engine that improves browsing efficiency and has useful functions for quick access to popular sites and social pages. In fact, this is not so. After penetration, change the browser settings, primarily the home page. Moreover, it can lead to other potentially unwanted programs, malicious software and adware. It is also worth noting that it can collect and analyze personal data about the user, including browser history. This information may be passed on to third parties for use in targeted advertising and other purposes. If you find Kittens New Tab on your computer, then we strongly recommend that you remove it immediately using our recommendations below.
How Kittens New Tab hijacker gets on your PC?
Adware, malware, and other potentially unwanted programs come to the computer without the user’s consent through special downloads and installers, complete with free programs from the Internet. Kittens New Tab is no exception. This is because users rarely pay attention to what they download. For example, if a user wants to download and install any program, he does not pay attention to what he receives, not the program itself, but the whole installation package, which contains various malicious elements and components. You need to closely monitor the installation process and use special programs that can prevent the entry of such threats. If Kittens New Tab is already on your computer, then use our recommendations to remove it.
How to remove Kittens New Tab hijackerÂ from your computer?
The most easy and modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Also, you can try to remove Kittens New Tab hijacker manually. For uninstalling Kittens New Tab hijacker remove it from Control Panel, then delete all files and registry keys.
Step 1: Remove Kittens New Tab hijacker from Control Panel
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Kittens New Tab hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Kittens New Tab and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Kittens New Tab, select it and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate Kittens New Tab and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
After that remove Kittens New Tab from your browser.
Step 2: Remove Kittens New Tab from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Kittens New Tab.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose Kittens New Tab.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Kittens New Tab.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Remove Kittens New Tab from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find Kittens New Tab Pop-ups.
- Turn of Kittens New Tab Pop-ups from Allowed to Block.
Written by Rami Duafi