What is Npsg ransomware?
Npsg is another malware based on notorious STOP/DJVU ransomware-type virus. There are many different variants of STOP/DJVU virus including: Kodc ransomware, Reha ransomware, Btos ransomware, Domn Ransomware, Gesd Ransomware, Righ Ransomware, Peet Ransomware, Reco Ransomware, Xoza Ransomware, Noos Ransomware, Kuub Ransomware, Hese Ransomware, Gero Ransomware, Coharos Ransomware, and so on. This diversity notwithstanding, they all follow the same basic pattern – to extort money in exchange for valuable data. In this guide, you will find instruction on how to remove Npsg ransomware and several ways to decrypt .npsg files
In most cases, Npsg ransomware gets on the victim’s computer via fake Windows updates and spam emails. When the process of infiltration is over, it immediately starts to encrypt user files appending them with .npsg extension. The encoded data can’t be used until Npsg ransomware developers get paid. The amount of ransom is $980, but to speed up this process while the victim is confused and frightened, they give a 50% discount for payment within 72 hours. For this purpose, cybercriminals want you to contact them by email or through the Telegram. The more detailed information you can find in the TXT file virus creates:_readme.txt:
Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
In the end, whether or not to believe, you decide but let us warn you – no one can ensure that they would do their part of the deal. On the contrary, there is a high risk of being deceived and simply left with nothing. Of course, they claim the opposite, that it is supposedly not in their interests to trick you. Think for yourself, why should they send you the key, if they have already received a ransom from you? The only reliable way to solve the problem is to remove Npsg ransomware from the system using appropriate software in order to stop the malicious actions of the virus and then restore your data from the backup.
Example of encrypted files:
At the last stage of the infection stage, this ransomware may delete all shadow volumes on your computer. After that, you will not be able to carry out the standard procedure for recovering your encrypted data using these shadow volumes. There are two solutions to remove Npsg Ransomware and decrypt your files. The first is to use an automated removal tool. This method is suitable even for inexperienced users since the removal tool can delete all instances of the virus in just a few clicks. The second is to use the Manual Removal Guide. This is a more complex way that requires special computer skills.
Screenshot of fake Windows Update you might see during the encryption:
How Npsg ransomware gets on my computer?
– Spam attachments and hyperlinks
– Software vulnerabilities and exploits
– Malicious sites
– Backdoors (defects of the algorithm that are intentionally built into it by the developer and allow you to gain unauthorized access to data or remote control of the operating system and the computer as a whole)
How to remove Npsg ransomware?
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will prevent system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Npsg ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Once Npsg ransomware has been successfully removed, you can begin the file decryption procedure:
It was noted that during encryption, the Npsg virus tries to establish a connection with its server, which does not always occur. If you’re lucky, and the virus fails to do it, you’ve got a good chance of getting your files back with the help of Emsisoft’s decryption tool.
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
How to decrypt files infected by Npsg Ransomware?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Npsg Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Npsgt-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Npsg Ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
Make sure your Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connection is closed when you don’t use it. Also, we recommend using a strong password for this service. The most efficient way to avoid data lose is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer.