The Conduit Toolbar is a search toolbar that searches for pictures, videos and various services on the Internet. It may be installed on your PC together with certain programs like uTorrent. Users face a lot of troubles when trying to uninstall the toolbar. The problem is that Conduit does not have a legitimate uninstaller program, so if you have Conduit installed on your PC, you would have to uninstall it manually. It also changes your home page and default search engine without asking for permission. The software may be quite annoying, so it is natural that you would want to remove the Conduit toolbar from your PC.
First of all, uninstall it using the common way:
- Go Start. In the opened menu find Control Panel and click on it.
- Select Add/Remove Programs
- Then find Conduit Toolbar and remove it. The program’s name may be changed to “Bittorent toolbar” if you downloaded it together with uTorrent.
These two steps may solve your problem. If not, proceed to the following steps.
Remove Conduit Toolbar from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Then click Tools, in the drop-down menu select Internet Options. Now click on General tab and then enter a search web site’s address, for example google.com to make it your home page.
- Click OK.
Remove Conduit Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Go to Tools, then Add-ons and remove everything associated with Conduit.
- Restart Firefox.
- Now type “about:config” without quotes in the address bar and confirm your actions by clicking “I’ll be careful, I promise” button.
- Then type “conduit” in the filter bar
- Find “CT1060933.TBHomePageUrl” and double-click on it. Modify it to “http://www.google.com/search?lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=”
- Find “keyword.URL” and also double-click on it to change the value to “http://www.google.com/search?lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=”
- Restart the browser.
Remove Conduit Toolbar from Chrome:
- Start Chrome
- Type “chrome://extensions/” in the address bar.
- Find Conduit Toolbar and click Remove.
Alternatively, you can simply download an automatic removal tool such as Free Uninstall It tool and use it to uninstall Conduit. Perhaps, this way is better than the manual solution described above as it is much quicker and the complete removal is guaranteed. The tool is easy to use, all you will need to do is download, install it and that’s it – Conduit Tool is gone from your PC forever./li