What is FreePDFCombiner
FreePDFCombiner is a so-called “redirect virus” developed by notorious Mindspark Interactive Network. While it claims to improve user experience online, its true goal is actually different. Once installed, it modifies browser configuration without users’ consent. For example, it manipulates your browser to change your start page or search engine, so that the affected browser visits their site or one of their choice. Also, it may display irrelevant search results, pop-up ads, and cause redirects to affiliated sites. To mislead users, the appearance of FreePDFCombiner was made similar to other popular search engines like Google, Bing, or Yahoo; but that’s where the resemblance stops. If you want to stop its activity, we suggest you remove FreePDFCombiner hijacker right away. For this, follow the steps described below.
|Type of threat||Browser hijacker|
|Symptoms||Browser hijacker changes homepage and search engine of browser so that users are forced to use them. It fills the targeted browser with commercial content in form of pop-ups, banners, in-text links, audio/video ads, etc. Also, hijacker can occasionally cause redirects to third-party websites|
|Infiltration||Freeware programs, illegal software, software cracks, torrents, fake updates|
|Manual Removal||To eliminate threat manually, you should remove all files and applications related to the browser hijacker|
|Removal Tool||To completely get rid of hijacker, We recommend using SpyHunter. This is the only way you can be 100% sure that all components of the threat are removed from the system.|
How to remove FreePDFCombiner hijacker from your computer?
The easiest and most modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware, or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter for Mac
Also, you can try to uninstall FreePDFCombiner hijacker manually.
Step 1: Remove FreePDFCombiner hijacker from Control Panel/Applications
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find FreePDFCombiner hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find FreePDFCombiner and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find FreePDFCombiner, select it and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate FreePDFCombiner and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
- Open Finder
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications
- If you see Uninstall FreePDFCombiner or FreePDFCombiner Uninstaller (or other suspicious apps that you’ve never installed), double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application FreePDFCombiner from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
After that uninstall FreePDFCombiner from your browser.
Step 2: Remove FreePDFCombiner from browsers
If you cannot remove the extension from Google Chrome, as the delete icon is greyed out and the extension is marked as “managed by your organization”, you should first perform steps described in the How to remove Managed by your organization from Chrome? article and only then proceed with the removal.
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner and select Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find FreePDFCombiner.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Type notifications into the search bar.
- Select Content settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Find FreePDFCombiner in the Allow list.
- Click on three dots next to FreePDFCombiner and select Remove.
- Open Safari
- Click Safari menu.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find FreePDFCombiner or other suspicious extensions.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose FreePDFCombiner.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable FreePDFCombiner.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Click on the Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Reset browser setting in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser setting in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Remove FreePDFCombiner from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find FreePDFCombiner Pop-ups.
- Turn of FreePDFCombiner from Allowed to Block.
Written by Ilyas J