What is IStreamSearch
IStreamSearch is a misleading search site that may start appearing in your browser out of sudden. The main cause why you are seeing this domain instead of your default homepage is a browser hijacker. Browser hijacker is a type of malware that is used to earn a profit using a pay-per-click scheme. As soon as it enters the user’s device, it takes control of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or other browsers and changes the start page, new tab URL, and search engine. Beware, it can show irrelevant search results to make you visit sponsored websites or download 3rd-party software. Furthermore, hijacker fills your system with countless pop-ups interfering with the browsing experience. We guess that these reasons are enough to understand that IStreamSearch removal is necessary if you want to protect your computer from possible damage.
|Type of threat||Browser hijacker|
|Symptoms||Browser hijacker changes homepage and search engine of browser so that users are forced to use them. It fills the targeted browser with commercial content in form of pop-ups, banners, in-text links, audio/video ads, etc. Also, hijacker can occasionally cause redirects to third-party websites|
|Infiltration||Freeware programs, illegal software, software cracks, torrents, fake updates|
|Manual Removal||To eliminate threat manually, you should remove all files and applications related to the browser hijacker|
|Removal Tool||To completely get rid of hijacker, We recommend using SpyHunter. This is the only way you can be 100% sure that all components of the threat are removed from the system.|
How to remove IStreamSearch hijacker from your computer?
The easiest and most modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware, or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter for Mac
Also, you can try to uninstall IStreamSearch hijacker manually.
Step 1: Remove IStreamSearch hijacker from Control Panel/Applications
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find IStreamSearch hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find IStreamSearch and click Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find IStreamSearch, select it and click Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate IStreamSearch and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
- Open Finder
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications
- If you see Uninstall IStreamSearch or IStreamSearch Uninstaller (or other suspicious apps that you’ve never installed), double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application IStreamSearch from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
After that uninstall IStreamSearch from your browser.
Step 2: Remove IStreamSearch from browsers
If you cannot remove the extension from Google Chrome, as the delete icon is greyed out and the extension is marked as “managed by your organization”, you should first perform steps described in the How to remove Managed by your organization from Chrome? article and only then proceed with the removal.
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner and select Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find IStreamSearch.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Type notifications into the search bar.
- Select Content settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Find IStreamSearch in the Allow list.
- Click on three dots next to IStreamSearch and select Remove.
- Open Safari
- Click Safari menu.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find IStreamSearch or other suspicious extensions.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose IStreamSearch.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable IStreamSearch.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Click on the Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Reset browser setting in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser setting in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Remove IStreamSearch from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find IStreamSearch Pop-ups.
- Turn of IStreamSearch from Allowed to Block.
Written by Ilyas J