What is Search.arcahol.com
Search.arcahol.com is a browser hijacker that is usually accompanied with other free software. This malware will set search engine and homepage of your web browser to Search.arcahol.com. You can’t get any needful information as this malware keeps disrupting your online searches. By showing altered search results, this malware misleads people to unsafe websites. Search.arcahol.com is created to steal your information that might be personal. Excessive advertising, regular redirects to potentially harmful domains – all these problems are caused by Search.arcahol.com hijacker, that’s why you need to get rid of it as soon as possible. We prepared instructions to remove Search.arcahol.com from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer on Windows.
How Search.arcahol.com gets on your PC?
As it stated above, this browser hijacker is usually accompanied with other free software that you download from the internet. It’s pretty much frequent that the user himself allowed this malware on their computer. But some downloads do not appropriately disclose that some other software will also be installed. That’s the most common case of getting Search.arcahol.com browser hijacker on your computer.
How to remove Search.arcahol.com from your Mac?
To uninstall Search.arcahol.com remove it from Control Panel, then delete all files and regkeys.
In our view, there are 2 products that potentially have Search.arcahol.com in their database. You can try to use them for removing Search.arcahol.com.
Bitdefender Antivirus – fully removes all instances of viruses, similar to Search.arcahol.com from Mac and Safari.
MacClean for Mac – finds Search.arcahol.com and can clean up leftover items after removal.
Or uninstall Search.arcahol.com manually.
Step 1: Remove Search.arcahol.com from Mac
Search.arcahol.com may not have app associated with it in Application. However, we recommend you to inspect the list of installed applications and remove unknown or suspicious ones.
- Open Finder
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications
- If you see Uninstall Search.arcahol.com or Search.arcahol.com Uninstaller, double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
To remove leftover items of unwanted application on Mac we recommend you to use AppCleaner. Just drag application you want to remove to AppCleaner window and it will search for residual data on your hard drive. This will save space of your memory and will help to remove stubborn applications from Mac systems.
After that remove Search.arcahol.com from your browser.
Step 2: Remove Search.arcahol.com from browsers
- Open Safari
- Click Safari menu.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find suspicious and unknown extensions.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Click Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find Search.arcahol.com.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose Search.arcahol.com.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Search.arcahol.com.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Click on the Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Step 4: Remove following files and folders of Search.arcahol.com:
Remove following registry entries:
Remove following files:
Remove following folders
Information provided by: Alexey Abalmasov