What is TV Now Pro
TV Now Pro is a fraudulent search engine that is considered to be a potentially unwanted program. In order to attract users and convince them about its useful functionality, it provides quick access to popular sites such as Gmail, Hulu, Fox Live Tv, Netflix, and others. As a rule, it spreads around via other freeware installations and is installed automatically if a user doesn’t opt out of optional TV Now Pro. Once installed, it sets the homepage, new tab URL, and search engine to hxxp://tvnowprotab.net. After these alterations, the user is forced to carry out search queries via the customized search engine that might display sponsored search results at the top. Additionally, users may also notice an increased amount of ads during browsing activities. All these activities might expose you to malware-laden websites and initiate the installation of other dubious products without users’ agreement. If you want to get rid of such a risk, you should remove TV Now Pro from your operating system and affected web-browser as soon as possible. You can perform this procedure using two different ways. If it is difficult for you to deal with the manual removal of TV Now Pro, you should definitely use the automatic method.
How to remove TV Now Pro hijacker from your computer?
The easiest and most modern way of removing pop-ups, trojans, ransomware, or other viruses is to use automatic removal tools. See our Anti-malware tools below for further instructions.
Recommended Anti-malware tools:
Try SpyHunter for Mac
Also, you can try to remove TV Now Pro hijacker manually.
Step 1: Remove TV Now Pro hijacker from Control Panel/Applications
- Click Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find TV Now Pro hijacker.
- Click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows XP.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Click Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find TV Now Pro and click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 7.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find TV Now Pro, select it and click Uninstall.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 8 (8.1).
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, click on the Settings at the top.
- Click on App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, locate TV Now Pro and click it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Windows 10
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for last installed programs.
- Open Finder
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications
- If you see Uninstall TV Now Pro or TV Now Pro Uninstaller (or other suspicious apps that you’ve never installed), double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application TV Now Pro from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Learn more about uninstallation of programs in Mac OSX
After that remove TV Now Pro from your browser.
Step 2: Remove TV Now Pro from browsers
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner and select Tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find TV Now Pro.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Click on 3-dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Type notifications into the search bar.
- Select Content settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Find TV Now Pro in the Allow list.
- Click on three dots next to TV Now Pro and select Remove.
Learn more about removing extensions from Chrome.
- Open Safari
- Click Safari menu.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find TV Now Pro or other suspicious extensions.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
Learn more about removing extensions from Safari.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Choose TV Now Pro.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Learn more about removing extensions from Firefox.
- Press Settings and more button
- Choose and Click on Extensions
- Find Olpair extension and click settings
- Press Uninstall button
- Start Edge again
Learn more about removing extensions from Edge.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable TV Now Pro.
- Click More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Learn more about removing extensions from IE.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Click on the Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari….
- Click Reset button.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Safari.
Reset browser setting in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Google Chrome.
Reset browser setting in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Learn more about resetting browser settings in Mozilla Firefox.
Remove TV Now Pro from Android Smartphones:
Alternative solution for Android phone/tablet:
- open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More.
- Choose and open Settings
- Tap Site settings and then find TV Now Pro Pop-ups.
- Turn of TV Now Pro from Allowed to Block.
Written by Ilyas J