What is Uihj ransomware?
Uihj is a new crypto-virus that encodes users’ sensitive files like photos, documents, video and audio files. Cybercriminals spread this virus using a spam campaign with the attached malicious executable file, launching which, the user will activate the virus. Uihj ransomware may also be distributed together with pirated software, games, cracks, phishing sites, and various fake updates. Following the successful penetration, the virus encodes most of the stored data, so the victim will not be able to use them until they are decrypted. To do so, the user is forced to pay a ransom. Our team recommends you not to pay anything since nobody can guarantee that they will fulfill their end of the bargain. The practice shows that cybercriminals often ignore people after payment is done. In this article, you can learn how to remove Uihj ransomware and decrypt .uihj files without paying a ransom.
This diversity notwithstanding, they all follow the same basic pattern – to extort money in exchange for valuable data. Immediately after penetration, it starts to encrypt user files appending them with .uihj extension. The amount of ransom is $980 and to motivate victims to pay faster, hackers give a 50% discount for payment within 72 hours. For this purpose, cybercriminals want you to contact them by email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com. The more detailed information you can find in the TXT file virus creates:_readme.txt:
Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
In the end, it’s up to you to believe it or not, but let us warn you – no one can ensure that they would do their part of the deal. On the contrary, there is a high risk of being deceived and simply left with nothing. The only reliable way to solve the problem is to remove Uihj ransomware from the system using appropriate software in order to stop the malicious actions of the virus and then restore your data from the backup.
Screenshot of encrypted by Uihj ransomware files:
There are two solutions to remove Uihj ransomware and decrypt your files. The first is to use an automated removal tool. This method is suitable even for inexperienced users since the removal tool can delete all instances of the virus in just a few clicks. The second is to use the Manual Removal Guide. This is a more complicated way that requires special computer skills.
Screenshot of fake Windows Update you might see during the encryption:
How Uihj ransomware gets on my computer?
Cybercriminals use various techniques to deliver the virus to the target computer. Ransomware viruses can infiltrate victims’ computers more than in one or two ways, in most cases, a cryptoviral extortion attack is carried out with the help of the following methods:
|Type of threat
|Ransomware, cryptovirus, file-locking virus
|Amount of Ransom
|$980 ($490 – 50% discount for payment within 72 hours)
McAfee Packed-GCU!CD876A27DAFE, more detections VirusTotal
|Spam email attachments, RDP, pirated software, torrent websites, phishing sites
In order to completely remove ransomware from your computer, you will need to install an antivirus software. We recommend using SpyHunter
The only effective method to restore files is to copy them from a saved backup. If you don’t have a suitable backup, you may use third-party recovery software such as Stellar Data Recovery
How to remove Uihj ransomware?
Try Stellar Data Recovery
Stellar Data Recovery is one of the most effective tools that can recover lost and corrupted files — documents, emails, pictures, videos, audio files, and more — on any Windows device. The powerful scan engine can detect compromised files and finally save them to specified destination. Despite its advancedness, it’s very concise and simple so that even the most inexperienced user can figure it out.
Email security is the first line of defense against ransomware viruses. To do this, we recommend that you use MailWasher. MailWasher blocks ransomware viruses coming through spam and phishing, and automatically detects malicious attachments and URLs. In addition, malicious messages can be blocked even before the recipient opens them. Since the main source of the spread of ransomware viruses are infected emails, antispam significantly reduces the risk of a virus appearing on your computer.
You may find more detailed information about antivirus products in our article – Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows
Once Uihj ransomware has been successfully removed, you can begin the file decryption procedure.
How to decrypt files infected by Uihj Ransomware?
It was noted that during encryption, the Uihj virus tries to establish a connection with its server, which does not always occur. If you’re lucky, and the virus fails to do it, you’ve got a good chance of getting your files back with the help of Emsisoft’s decryption tool.
Method 1. Restore your files with the help of Recovery Tool
In case your PC has been attacked by ransomware, you may restore your files by using file recovery software. Stellar Data Recovery is one of the most effective tools that can recover lost and corrupted files — documents, emails, pictures, videos, audio files, and more — on any Windows device. The powerful scan engine can detect compromised files and finally save them to specified destination. Despite its advancedness, it’s very concise and simple so that even the most inexperienced user can figure it out.
- Run Stellar Data Recovery.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Once the scanning process is done, click Recover to restore your files.
- After this, select a destination and click Start Saving to save restored data.
Since new ransomware-type viruses appear almost every day, there is no technical possibility to issue a decryptor for each virus. In this case, the recovery tool comes to the rescue. Despite the fact that this is one of the most effective methods in the absence of a decryptor, this is not 100 percent and not the only way.
Method 2. Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Uihj Ransomware can remove system restore files, this method may help you partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data. The entire process is preferably carried out in Safe Mode with Command Prompt:
For Windows XP/Vista/7 users:
Restart your computer and before your system starts – hit F8 several times. This will prevent system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with Command Prompt option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
For Windows 8/10 users:
- Click the Start button, then select Settings
- Click Update & Security, then select Recovery and click Restart now.
- After your device reboots, go to Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup Settings > Restart
- After your PC restarts, you should press F5 key to Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
After the system is loaded in Safe Mode with Command Prompt, do following:
- In the Command Prompt window, type cd restore and hit Enter.
- Then type rstrui.exe and hit Enter again.
- Once a new window shows up, click Next.
- Choose the date before the infection appearance and click Next again
- In the opened pop-up window, click Yes to start system restore.
Method 4. Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Click the encrypted file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
How to prevent your system from Ransomware?
No one is safe from infection with a virus that secretly encrypts your data. But in order to minimize this risk, you need to follow the rules:
1. Always make Windows updates on time and keep them up to date. Remember that these updates close the security holes in the system through which the virus can enter your computer.
2. The most efficient way to avoid data loss is of course to make a backup of all important data from your computer. It is enough just to synchronize the necessary folders with one of the cloud services, so as not to be afraid to see the text requiring the payment of bitcoins in exchange for a decryption key. It can be a cloud or a remote hard drive on the network. If you store all your files on the Internet, the likelihood of virus infection will be lower. Do not make copies to external hard drives, as this could damage them.
3. Since spam email is the most popular form of spreading ransomware-type viruses, the user should never open email attachments without first having scanned them with antivirus. Just clicking on the link or opening the attachment can damage the operating system (Windows) in a few minutes, damage important data, and infect other machines with the virus.
4. All previous methods do not matter if you do not have a reliable antivirus. The presence of anti-virus protection on your computer can prevent all these unpleasant surprises. Anti-virus software will protect you from malware, money loss, time loss, invasion of your personal life. Now the antivirus market is so huge that it is difficult to make a choice in favor of one of them. If you have not decided who to give preference to, we suggest you familiarize yourself with our Top 5 Antivirus Software for Windows