Infected with Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware
Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware, also known as Trojan.Encoder.25574, is an extortionist working quite a standard scheme. This is part of the same cryptographers from the Scarab family. Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware changes the extension of the key user files to .DiskDoctor. Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware is aimed at the most demanded data for the user, for example, office documents, PDP files, media files and so on. The encryption itself occurs with the help of AES. After encrypting the files, this creates a text document HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT or Проблема.txt, which pops up each time the user opens the encrypted file. This is an instruction, according to which developers offer users to decrypt files. Here’s how it looks:
another version of ransomware:
The text of the note:
Warning all your files are encrypted !!!
To receive the decoder, you must send an email to the email address with your personal ID:
In response you will receive further instructions.
* Do not attempt to uninstall the program or run antivirus software.
* Attempts to self-decrypt files will result in the loss of your data.
* Decoders of other users are incompatible with your data, as each user has a unique encryption key.
Your personal identifier:
The note is written in English, which means that the developers are aimed at English-speaking users. However, judging by the latest data, this virus is found all over the world. Developers suggest sending an email to the specified email and then require an impressive amount of money, which can vary from 50 to several thousand dollars. They require payment in a cryptocurrency and this is not accidental, because they are very difficult to calculate in this way. Do not pay money at all! This is a deception, often it does not fix anything. We strongly recommend that you remove this immediately so that your data is not compromised. You can use our instructions to remove it right away.
If your files got another extension, please check all Scarab Ransomware versions and extensions in the list:
Scarab Ransomware – .scorpio, .scarab
Scarab-Please – .please
Scarab-Crypto – .crypto
Amnesia – .amnesia, .@decrypt_files2017, .firstname.lastname@example.org or .TRMT
Scarab-XTBL(Oblivion) – .xtbl, .oblivion
Horsia – .email@example.com
Scarab-Walker – .JohnnieWalker
Scarab-Osk – .osk
Scarab-Rebus – .rebus
Scarab-DiskDoctor – .diskdoctor
Scarab-Bomber – .bomber, .firstname.lastname@example.org or .email@example.com
How Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware infected your PC
Typically, these encryptors come to the PC through unprotected DNS and other network settings. It’s best to prevent the penetration of such programs using special utilities. If your PC is already infected, then use our instructions. For example, use HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
WiperSoft is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Spyhunter.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware:
Related emails and folders:
Remove following files:
HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT
How to decrypt files infected by Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware?
Use automated decryption tools
There is ransomware decryptor from Kaspersky that can decrypt Spora files. It is free and may help you restore files encrypted by Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware virus. Download it here:
You can also try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although, latest versions of Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged (in our case – Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware by Scarab-DiskDoctor Ransomware). This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Restore .VENDETTA, .URSA, firstname.lastname@example.org files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi