Infected with Scarab-Barracuda Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Scarab-Barracuda Ransomware
Scarab-Barracuda is a cryptographer belonging to the Scarab family, encrypting important files on the user’s computer using AES and other algorithms. Files that are attacked by this virus can be of various formats, such as office documents (doc, docx,xls), PDF files, jpeg, png and much more. In addition, Scarab-Barracuda changes file names and it adds .barracuda extension, after which the files become unusable for further use. Here are some examples of encrypted files:
The virus creates BARRACUDA RECOVERY INFORMATION.TXT text file, which contains a detailed description of the terms of the ransom
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED!
Your personal ID
Your documents, photos, databases, save games and other important data was encrypted.
Data recovery the necessary decryption tool. To get the decryption tool, should send an email to:
Mail us to; email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Letter must include Your personal ID (see the beginning of this document).
In the proof we have decryption tool, you can send us 1 file for test decryption.
Next, you need to pay for the decryption tool.
In response letter You will receive the address of Bitcoin wallet which you need to perform the transfer of funds.
If you have no bitcoins
* Create Bitcoin purse: https://blockchain.info
* Buy Bitcoin in the convenient way
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin (the instruction for beginners)
- It doesn't make sense to complain of us and to arrange a hysterics.
- Complaints having blocked e-mail, you deprive a possibility of the others, to decipher the computers.
Other people at whom computers are also ciphered you deprive of the ONLY hope to decipher. FOREVER.
- Just contact with us, we will stipulate conditions of interpretation of files and available payment,
in a friendly situation
- When money transfer is confirmed, You will receive the decrypter file for Your computer.
* Do not attempt to remove a program or run the anti-virus tools
* Attempts to decrypt the files will lead to loss of Your data
* Decoders other users is incompatible with Your data, as each user unique encryption key
The note contains contact information, such as an e-mail address, and also describes the payment method of ransom. The exact cost is not specified, but it can reach several hundred dollars. It is worth noting that scammers force the user to pay in bitcoins to thereby avoid punishment for their actions. You can not believe intruders, they are not going to restore your personal data and encrypted files, you will not get a decryption utility, you’ll get nothing! Read our instructions to remove Scarab-Barracuda and decrypt your files.
Other versions of Scarab
Scarab Ransomware – .scorpio, .scarab
Scarab-Please – .please
Scarab-Crypto – .crypto
Amnesia – .amnesia, .@decrypt_files2017, .email@example.com or .TRMT
Scarab-XTBL(Oblivion) – .xtbl, .oblivion
Horsia – .firstname.lastname@example.org
Scarab-Walker – .JohnnieWalker
Scarab-Osk – .osk
Scarab-Rebus – .rebus
Scarab-DiskDoctor – .diskdoctor
Scarab-Bomber – .bomber, .email@example.com or .firstname.lastname@example.org
Scarab Bin – .Bin
Scarab Red – .Red
Scarab Recovery – .Recovery
Scarab Turkish – .[email@example.com]
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Scarab-Barracuda infected your PC
The most vulnerable place in the PC is an unprotected network, which is why crypto viruses, in particular, Scarab-Barracuda, penetrate the computer in this way. However, there are other options for penetration, for example, as an attachment to spam mailing or in the form of an imaginary update of a flash player, Java, and the like. You need to use special programs and utilities that can prevent infection of your computer. First, buy a proven and reliable antivirus. If your PC is already infected with Scarab-Barracuda and you need to decrypt your files, then use our guide and tips below.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Scarab-Barracuda virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 5 is a powerful removal tool. It can remove all instances of newest viruses, similar to Scarab-Barracuda – files, folders, registry keys.
*Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer viruses for FREE. To remove malware, you have to purchase the full version of Spyhunter.
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Scarab-Barracuda:
Related connections or other entries:
BARRACUDA RECOVERY INFORMATION.TXT
How to decrypt files infected by Scarab-Barracuda?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Scarab-Barracuda remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Rami Douafi