Infected with Scarab Oneway ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Scarab Oneway ransomware
Scarab Oneway ransomware is based on the Scarab Ransomware. As other versions of Scarab, (Scarab Red Ransomware or the Scarab Oneway Ransomware) it encrypts doc, pdf, dbf, xls and many other files on users PC using the AES, RSA or base64 symbols, and, after that, creates txt document Decrypt files oneway.txt on the desktop with ransom demands(translation from russian):
Write to email - firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR FILES ARE CRYPTED!
Your personal identifier
[646 characters hex string]
Your documents, photos, databases and other important files have been encrypted.
Every 24 hours 24 files are deleted, you need to send your ID so that we disable this function.
Every 24 hours the cost of decrypting data is increased by 30% (after 72 hours the amount is fixed)
To decrypt the data:
Write to mail - email@example.com
* In the letter, enter your personal identifier
* Attach 2 files up to 1 mb for test decryption.
we decipher them, as evidence that ONLY WE can decipher them.
-The faster you tell us your ID, the faster we turn off arbitrary deletion of files.
-Write to our email and receive further instructions on payment.
In the reply email, you will receive a program for decryption.
After starting the decryption program, all your files will be restored.
* Do not attempt to uninstall the program or run antivirus software
* Attempts to self-decrypt files will result in the loss of your data
* Decoders of other users are incompatible with your data, as each user
has a unique encryption key
* Do not try to find a solution on the side, it's a 100% disruptive. Nobody except us can decipher.
If you cant connect via email
* Register on the site http://bitmsg.me (online delivery service Bitmessage)
* Send an email to the address ******************************** with your email and
Your personal identifier
[646 characters hex string]
Of course, real decryption is not guaranteed, so we recommend to ignore cybercriminals demands. Moreover, they often trick their victims. All files become coded by the virus after infiltration. The first symptom is a new .Oneway. We think it’s better to remove the virus manually and restore .Oneway files by using our article.
Scarab Ransomware – .scorpio, .scarab
Scarab-Please – .please
Scarab-Crypto – .crypto
Amnesia – .amnesia, .@decrypt_files2017, .firstname.lastname@example.org or .TRMT
Scarab-XTBL(Oblivion) – .xtbl, .oblivion
Horsia – .email@example.com
Scarab-Walker – .JohnnieWalker
Scarab-Osk – .osk
Scarab-Rebus – .rebus
Scarab-DiskDoctor – .diskdoctor
Scarab-Bomber – .bomber, .firstname.lastname@example.org or .email@example.com
Scarab Bin – .Bin
Scarab Red – .Red
Scarab Recovery – .Recovery
Note, that one of the main features of every Scarab Ransomware version is naming and contains of ransom notes with ransom demands, created by the ransomware. Please compare the example of Scarab Ransomware in 1 paragraph with yours.
Advice: if your version of ransom notes has differences – please write us in comments, we try to help you to identify your virus.
If ransom notes of you PC equal with our example, please follow our article below, to remove Scarab Oneway ransomware.
How Scarab Oneway ransomware infected your PC
Scarab Oneway version was released to users in July 2018 via a spam campaign. A ransomware comes to the computer without the user’s consent as an email attachment or when spam mailing from accounts that may seem to be used by Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or from another popular social network. Also, it can come bundled with other malicious software through unprotected network settings. You need to use special utilities and programs that can help to protect your PC. If Scarab Oneway has already come to your PC, then you can use our detailed recommendations to remove it right now and decrypt .Oneway files. HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Scarab Oneway ransomware virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 4 – fully removes all instances of Scarab Oneway ransomware – files, folders, registry keys.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Scarab Oneway ransomware:
Related connections or other entries:
How to decrypt files infected by Scarab Oneway ransomware?
Restore .Oneway files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Also, you can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Scarab Oneway ransomware remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Tim Kas