Infected with Scarab-CyberGod Ransomware? Need to decrypt your files?
What is Scarab-CyberGod Ransomware
Scarab-CyberGod is a common version of the Scarab Ransomware, which encrypts all files on the user’s PC. Files that were attacked by this virus get CyberGod .CyberGod extension. All encrypted data become unusable for further use. The virus creates CyberGod RECOVERY INFORMATION.TXT text file, which contains a detailed description of the terms and price the redemption. These notes contain also contact information, such as an e-mail address, and also redemption. The cost may be about several hundred dollars. You should not believe scammers, they are not going to restore your personal data and encrypted files, you will not get decryption keys! Please read our instructions to remove Scarab-CyberGod and decrypt your files.
The Lawnmower Man!
I am The Lawnmower Man!
And i can make you forget everything you got here!
Or you can make offer for me on my mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
To show you my almighty power I can decrypt few files for you
But dont forget to send me your ID!
Have a nice day!
Other versions of Scarab
Scarab Ransomware – .scorpio, .scarab
Scarab-Please – .please
Scarab-Crypto – .crypto
Amnesia – .amnesia, .@decrypt_files2017, .firstname.lastname@example.org or .TRMT
Scarab-XTBL(Oblivion) – .xtbl, .oblivion
Horsia – .email@example.com
Scarab-Walker – .JohnnieWalker
Scarab-Osk – .osk
Scarab-Rebus – .rebus
Scarab-DiskDoctor – .diskdoctor
Scarab-Bomber – .bomber, .firstname.lastname@example.org or .email@example.com
Scarab Bin – .Bin
Scarab Red – .Red
Scarab Recovery – .Recovery
Scarab Turkish – .[firstname.lastname@example.org]
Scarab Barracuda – .Barracuda
Update: Use following service to identify the version and type of ransomware you were attacked by: ID Ransomware. If you want to decrypt your files, please follow our instruction below or, if you have any difficulties, please contact us: email@example.com. We really can help to decrypt your files.
How Scarab-CyberGod infected your PC
The most vulnerable place in the PC is an unprotected network, which is why crypto viruses, in particular, Scarab-CyberGod, penetrate the computer in this way. However, there are other options for penetration, for example, as an attachment to spam mailing or in the form of an imaginary update of a flash player, Java, and the like. You need to use special programs and utilities that can prevent infection of your computer. First, buy a proven and reliable antivirus. If your PC is already infected with Scarab-CyberGod and you need to decrypt your files, then use our guide and tips below.
First of all, don’t panic. Follow these easy steps below.
1. Start your computer in Safe Mode with networking. To do that, restart your computer before your system starts hit F8 several times. This will stop system from loading and will show Advanced boot options screen. Choose Safe mode with networking option from the options list using up and down arrows on your keyboard and hit Enter.
2. Log in to the system infected with the Scarab-CyberGod virus. Launch your Internet browser and download a reliable anti-malware program and start a full system scan. Once the scan is complete, review scan results and remove all entries detected.
SpyHunter 4 – fully removes all instances of Scarab-CyberGod – files, folders, registry keys.
Restore your files using shadow copies
- Download and run Data Recovery Pro.
- Select the drive and folder where your files are located and date that you want to restore them from and press Scan.
- Choose all files on folder you want to restore and select Restore.
- Choose export location and view restored files.
Step 2: Remove following files and folders of Scarab-CyberGod:
Related connections or other entries:
From Jobe Smith.TXT
How to decrypt files infected by Scarab-CyberGod?
You can try to use manual methods to restore and decrypt your files.
Decrypt files manually
Restore the system using System Restore
Although the latest versions of Scarab-CyberGod remove system restore files, this method may help you to partially restore your files. Give it a try and use standard System Restore to revive your data.
- Initiate the search for ‘system restore‘
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
Previous versions can be copies of files and folders created by Windows Backup (if it is active) or copies of files and folders created by System Restore. You can use this feature to restore files and folders that you accidentally modified or deleted, or that were damaged. This feature is available in Windows 7 and later versions.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
Protect your computer from ransomware
Most modern antiviruses can protect your PC from ransomware and crypto-trojans, but thousands of people still get infected. There are several programs that use different approach t protect from ransomware and lockers. One of the best is HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard. You may already know HitmanPro as famous cloud-based anti-malware scanner. Check out ultimate active protection software from SurfRight.
Written by Tim Kas